Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Brunch at Jimmy's

I don't know what Sunday means to you, but I wake up most Sundays hoping for a delicious home-cooked breakfast. And if I don't feel like cooking or don't have ingredients, then I hope for delicious breakfast from Jimmy's Egg (or "Jimmy the Egg" as my brother called it once upon a 4-year-old's time). Jimmy's Egg is an Oklahoma institution - way better than Denny's, better than IHOP (unless you want a tower of sugary chocolate covered pancakes), with the best, fattest slices of raisin wheat toast you ever saw. It's a small chain, but the original one is right by my house on 19th and May, and you can sure tell it's the first - it doesn't look like it's been redecorated since it opened! Still all cute and retro-diner style. And delicious. Always delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment