Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Day in the Life

Ahhh Saturdays. I love Saturday's in the Springtime.  I don't know why, but they are so rejuvinating.  Even when it rains all day like last week.  There were lots of things going on today, but me and the kids chose to do soemthing for th environment, so we teamed with a crew and cleaned up the Stinchcomb Wildlife Reserve.. for regular people like me, it was just cleanin up around Lake Overholster.  I never knew the area was considered a wildlife preserve. 


The abve pic is only about 1/3 of the trash that was collected. 


 

There were also kayakers.  Anyone could have reserved a kayak and picked up debris in the acutal lake using one.  Looks fun, huh?  Maybe we'll reserve one next year. You know, after I actually figure out how to use one.

Did we find any treasure in the trash?  According to my son we did.  He's holding a bone, btw.  An animal bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment