Monday, August 2, 2010

Tower Theater



I was driving along 23rd Street when I saw this sign so I had to stop and get my camera out.  It's been here for a while, but I've never seen it lit before.  I googled it and found out the sign was relit in April of this year and it was built in 1936 as part of the Tower Theatre (the theater is still closed).  I also learned that NW 23rd street between Lincoln and Classen used to be a part of the business loop of Route 66 (shout out to Heather's Rt.66 pics from last week).  This strip of land, is known to be pretty scary.  I was scared getting out of my car to take the pics, but  like Midtown, the Paseo district and the infamous Bricktown, developers  are trying to renovate the area.  With great places like Cuppie and Joes, Big Truck Tacos (pics to come), and few others it seems like they are headed in a great direction.  Hmm...

 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment